Please see the JAPANESE version of this blog post here!!
Discussing the topic “Why Upgrade” or “Why not Upgrade” is not always fun. Actually the arguments repeat from customer to customer. Typically we hear things such as:
- A PSU or Patch Set introduces new bugs
- A new PSU or Patch Set introduces new features which lead to risk and require application verification
- Patching means risk
- Patching changes the execution plans
- Patching requires too much testing
- Patching is too much work for our DBAs
- Patching costs a lot of money and doesn’t pay out
And to be very honest sometimes it’s …Continue reading...