Database Upgrade Hands-On Lab – Oracle 18c
The Oracle Database Upgrade Hands-On Lab is finally live and can be downloaded via this link:
What’s in the lab?
You will find 3 database homes patched with the July 2018 patch bundles:
- 188.8.131.52 with PSU July 2018
- 184.108.40.206 with BP July 2018
- 18.3.0 including RU July 2018
Plus 5 databases. 3 non-CDBs and 2 CDBs.
- UPGR – 220.127.116.11 non-CDB database
- FTEX – 18.104.22.168 non-CDB database
- DB12 – 22.214.171.124 non-CDB database
- CDB1 – 126.96.36.199 CDB database
- CDB2 – 18.3.0 CDB database
This is what you’ll find inside the hands-on lab virtual image. Click on the picture to get a larger view.
What are the basic requirements?
Of course you will need Oracle VirtualBox 5.x and the VirtualBox extensions to be installed. And yes, the lab is BIG. You will need 64GB of free space and 8GB of RAM. See the download link for more information and the links to the required software. And then start here with the setup part.
What’s not in the lab?
We didn’t include the instructions. You will find them here on the blog. Simple reason for this change: We can correct potential errors – and we can extend them at any time with more content.
Any further questions, suggestions etc?
Then please use the comment function of this page or drop me a message via Email, Twitter or LinkedIn.