Database Upgrade Hands-On Lab – Oracle 19c
From now on there’s only one Oracle Database Upgrade Hands-On Lab available for download. We exchanged the 18c with the new 19c lab. In case you have the older 18c lab, I leave the instructions up for a while. But the new one is the one you should use for various reasons.
- Download Oracle Database Upgrade 19c Hands-On Lab
- Not available anymore: 18c Hands-On Lab
Where do you start? Start with:
- Instructions for the Oracle Database 19c Hands-On Lab
- Just in case … if you still need the old Instructions for the Oracle Database 18c Hands-On Lab
What’s in the lab?
In the Oracle 19c Lab, you will find 3 database homes patched with the April 2019 patch bundles:
- 22.214.171.124 with PSU April 2019
- 126.96.36.199 with RU April 2019
- 19.3.0 including RU April 2019
Plus 5 databases. 3 non-CDBs and 2 CDBs.
- UPGR – 188.8.131.52 non-CDB database
- FTEX – 184.108.40.206 non-CDB database
- DB12 – 220.127.116.11 non-CDB database
- CDB1 – 18.104.22.168 CDB database
- CDB2 – 19.3.0 CDB database
This is what you’ll find inside the hands-on lab virtual image.
What are the basic requirements?
Of course you will need Oracle VirtualBox 5.x (or newer) and the VirtualBox extensions to be installed. And yes, the lab is BIG. You will need 64GB of free space and at least 8GB of RAM. See the download link for more information and the links to the required software. And then start here with the setup part.
What’s not in the lab?
We didn’t include the instructions. You will find them here on the blog. Simple reason for this change: We can correct potential errors – and we can extend them at any time with more content.
Any further questions, suggestions etc?
Then please use the comment function of this page or drop me a message via Email, Twitter or LinkedIn.