As usual, as soon as I apply the newest RU, I do also a quick check for New parameters and defaults in Oracle Database 19.11.0.
New Parameters in Oracle 19.11.0
Based on customer feedback, there is one really big improvement since this RU release. Not only new features but also parameter changes get listed. You will find them in the 19c New Features Guide.
In this RU you will find only 1 new parameter:
The description says “Turn on/off dedicated optimization for DRCP” – and the default is “YES“.
New Underscore Parameters in Oracle 19.11.0
I found 27 new underscore parameters in 19.11.0. Most of them are tied to an actual bug which is reflected in their name starting with _bug_ as well. I won’t list them here but there are queries available to find out more in case you are interested.
New Features in Oracle 19.11.0
As you know, since 19.10.0 there are occasional new features included in RUs as well. You will find a list in the 19c New Features Guide:
- Application Continuity Protection Check
- Immutable Tables
- Be aware that this feature will require COMPATIBLE=19.11.0 or higher – which we don’t recommend to alter unless you really want to use this feature. You may want to check this blog post about 19.10.0 and Blockchain Tables in addition.
- Oracle SODA for C APIs Enhancements
Further Links and Information
- drcp_dedicated_opt in the Oracle Database Server 21c Reference
- New Features Guide Oracle 19c – 19.11.0
- Administrator Guide Oracle 19c – Database Resident Connection Pooling
- Oracle 19.10.0 and Blockchain Tables