The October 2020 Version of AutoUpgrade is available now for download since Friday last week. As usual, you can access it easily via MOS Note: 2485457.1 – AutoUpgrade Tool.
What’s new in the October 2020 version?
As usual you find the change.log at the end of MOS Note: 2485457.1 – AutoUpgrade Tool for the most recent Oracle Database upgrade tool. You will find the following fixes and enhancements:
- BUG_31709141 Allow the job state to be reset when database is restored manually
- AUPG-1862 ORA-65173 occurs when running the fix for the Java mitigation patch
- BUG_26777307 Duplicate bug of AUPG-1862
- AUPG-1863 Remove fixup for running fixed objects stats after upgrade
- AUPG-1865 upgrade.xml contains incorrect stage value (FixAtStage=TEXT_NOT_FOUND_CHECK.ENABLE_LOCAL_UNDO.FIXUP_STAGE)
- AUPG-1866 Check duplicate_db_hashes is ignored if using the pdb copy option
- AUPG-1868 Unhandled RAC exception when querying the database for the spfile
- AUPG-1874 .ORA errors on certain locales causes error checking to be ignored
- AUPG-1880 Underscore parameters added in the after upgrade pfile are missing
- AUPG-1858 Timestamp mismatch found in dependent objects
- BUG_32038372 Timestamp mismatch errors are logged instead of throwing exception
The most important one I think is the removal of gathering fixed objects stats right after the upgrade. As we saw issues, especially in relation to a huge unified audit trail, we decided to remove it and leave it to you to refresh the fixed objects stats when the database is warmed up. Read more about it:
Kudos to my team mates which worked hard on this version.
Why should you use it?
This version is newer than the version you will get with the installation of the October 2020 RUs.
Hence, you should exchange the version on disk with the most recent one. You can always check which version you have installed with:
$ java -jar autoupgrade.jar -version build.hash e84c9c2 build.version 19.10.0 build.date 2020/10/23 10:36:46 build.max_target_version 19 build.supported_target_versions 12.2,18,19 build.type production
If it say “19.10.0”, then you have the October 2020 version already.
Further Information and Links
- MOS Note: 2485457.1 – AutoUpgrade Tool
- The AutoUpgrade Utility
- Troubleshooting, Restoring and Restarting AutoUpgrade
- When fixed objects stats takes very long after upgrade
Im using autoupgrade tool (build.version 19.10.0) to upgrade Oracle database 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 in 2-node Oracle RAC environment, I executed java -jar autoupgrade.jar -config DB_config.cfg -mode deploy from node1 all upgrade process works fine and ends succesfully but it seems that passwordfile and spfile are not present in node2, is this a bug? or is it need to copy these files manually?
Thanks for that tool! It is awesome!
this is a known issue – the fix is in development already. I hope that the next version of AU will contain it.
Thank you for all of the valuable information you provide on your blog! It has been incredibly helpful learning about the latest Oracle offerings like in-memory base and of course, autoupgrade. On the subject of autoupgrade, we upgraded several 220.127.116.11 databases to 19.8.0 over the last month and it works really well, however we did have open an SR regarding the post spfile missing parameters. One in point, we had os_authent_prefix=” . It was ignored when building the post pfile. We had to cycle all of our instances to return the value to ” instead of default which was ops$ Is that expected for autoupgrade to remove all “blank” parameters? Thanks again for all the information you provide. Best Regards, Eric
no it isn’t – can you share the SR number with me please?
Assuming that it contains the autoupgrade logs as well.
The SR is 3-24591484161. Most of the logs are there with some information masked. Thanks again!