A few weeks ago, you read the announcement of the availability of Limited Error Correction Support for Oracle Database 184.108.40.206. But many of you had some questions right away. I could answer most of them easily. But it was clear to us that there was more information needed. Hence, we published more information for Oracle 220.127.116.11 – Clarification for Limited Error Correction Support.
What has been announced in April 2020?
Just a few weeks ago we announced the availability of Limited Error Correction Support for Oracle 18.104.22.168 after November 2020. You could find more information and details in MOS Note: 742060.1 pointing to MOS Note: 161818.1 – Oracle Database (RDBMS) Releases Support Status Summary). Limited Error Correction Support has some limitations (sic!) in contrast to Premier Support.
What were the typical questions?
And soon after I blogged about this, I received also several questions such as:
- Do you plan to release RUs after November 2020 for 22.214.171.124?
- Will I still get my merge patch on top of future RUs, e.g. in April 2021?
- Will there be RURs available as well?
And the answer is …
To answer all your questions, and keep track of them, a new MOS Note has been published:
- MOS Note: 2665835.1
Frequently Asked Questions for Database 126.96.36.199 Limited Error Correction
Here you’ll find all topics covered and (hopefully) all potential questions answered.
To which release should you upgrade finally now??
There is a very simply and straight answer: Oracle Database 19c. Without any doubt. Read more here please:
You need to upgrade to Oracle Database 19c. It is the Long-Term Support release.
More Information and Links
- Oracle 188.8.131.52 Limited Error Correction Support available
- MOS Note: 2665835.1 Frequently Asked Questions for Database 184.108.40.206 Limited Error Correction
- MOS Note: 161818.1 – Oracle Database (RDBMS) Releases Support Status Summary
- MOS Note: 742060.1 – Release Schedule – Single Source of Truth
- To which release should upgrade to? Revisited …