In case you plan to upgrade a database to Oracle Database 18c: A new preupgrade.jar is available for download from MyOracle Support (MOS).
Oracle Database 18c: A new preupgrade.jar is available
Please download it – as always – from MOS Note:884522.1.
The same MOS note will get you also the most recent versions of the preupgrade.jar for Oracle Database 220.127.116.11 upgrades. Of course you can download also all previous incarnations such as preupgrd.sql for 18.104.22.168 upgrades and even utlu112i.sql for 11g upgrades.
What’s new in preupgrade.jar for Oracle 18c upgrades?
There are a few important and good Improvements and new checks in the March 2018 version of the preupgrade.jar for Oracle Database 18c upgrades:
- Improved the fixups execution reporting
- Added changes to support new Oracle release model
- Consider cases when default temporary tablespace is a temporary tablespace group
- Validate statistics on fixed objects before upgrade
- Display information on default number pdbs upgrading in parallel on a CDB
- Report whether DV simulation log has no records
- Adds ZSeries log management
- Restructured content of preupgrade.jar to remove references to RU versions.
As I understand it, 18c is still only available in Oracle Cloud as DBaaS, so how relevant is the script at this point?
it’s available on Exadata and ODA on-prem as well.
Furthermore it’s available on the OCI cloud (bare metal), too,