A new version of the preupgrade.jar January 2018 (Build 11) is available now.
Please download it from MOS Note:884522.1.:
Please always download the most recent version as this one is much newer with a lot of improvements compared to the version you get with the default installation. Major changes since the first drop are:
- Added load only capabilities.
- Improved the interaction with OS
- Added more obsolete/deprecated parameters
- Improved IPC calls on Windows
- Added functionality for aud$unified table partitions.
- Added preupgrade and postupgrade automatic fixups
- Check for JAVAVM mitigation patch
- Added parameters checking when a dynamic parameter has been changed at spfile only
- Update parameter such as memory limits.
- Adds UTF-8 characterset capabilities.
- Adds a check to see if CONCURRENT STATISTICS are set when RESOURCE MANAGER IS OFF.
- Adds a block of code which will be run if the DEPEND_USR_TABLES check is run after the database has been upgraded.
- A new autofixup function is also added, which will automatically be run by the postupgrade_fixups.sql script.
- Adds a check to validate APEX version.
- Modifies check tempts_notempfile, it should also consider tablespace groups
- Changes severity of new_time_zones_exist to warning
- Adds pga_aggregate_limit check
- Adds support for very large temporary tablespace groups (new in Build 11)