Oracle Expression Filter and Rules Manager (EXF, RUL) clean up in Oracle Database 11.2-12.2 is very simple and straight forward. One script, and several seconds later EXF and RUL are cleaned up. Both options require JAVA to be installed into the database. But their removal doesn’t do anything to JAVA.
Expression Filter and Rules Manager (EXF, RUL) Clean Up in Oracle Database 11.2-12.2
Expression Filter and Rules Manager are obsolete since Oracle Database 12c. You’ll find the official statement in MOS Note: 1233535.1 – Obsolescence Notice: Rules Manager and Expression Filter Features of Oracle Database.
Before you start removing anything from your database please make sure you read my introductory blog post about how to Remove and Clean Up Components from Oracle 11.2 – 12.2 . You’ll find links to monitor proper component removal there as well as in the SQL Scripts Repository on this blog.
Oracle Database 126.96.36.199
Removal from Oracle Database 11g is pretty simple. Execute one script which does neither require any recompilation nor relink nor restart. Please see also MOS Note: 258618.1 – How To Install/Uninstall Expression Filter Feature or EXFSYS for further information.
$ sqlplus / as sysdba SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/catnoexf.sql
Oracle Database 188.8.131.52
Expression Filter and Rules Manager components are obsolete in Oracle Database 184.108.40.206.. We remove them as part of the database upgrade.
Oracle Database 220.127.116.11
Expression Filter and Rules Manager components are obsolete in Oracle Database 18.104.22.168.. We remove them as part of the database upgrade.
Component Clean Up Series
- Remove and Clean Up Components from Oracle 11.2 – 12.2 – General Guidelines and Precautions
- APEX – Oracle Application Express Clean Up
- OWM – Oracle Workspace Manager Clean Up
- DV – Oracle Database Vault Clean Up
- OLS – Oracle Label Security Clean Up
- SDO – Oracle Spatial Data Option Clean Up
- CONTEXT – Oracle Text Clean Up
- ORDIM – Oracle Multi Media Clean Up
- XOQ – Oracle OLAP API Clean Up
- APS – Oracle OLAP Analytical Workspace Clean Up
- AMD – Oracle OLAP Catalog Clean Up
- OWB – Oracle Warehouse Builder Clean Up
- EXF/RUL – Oracle Expression Filters and Rules Manager Clean Up
- EM – Enterprise Manager Database Control Clean Up
- JAVAVM/XML – Oracle Java Virtual Machine and XDK Clean Up
- XDB – Oracle XML Database Clean Up
Finally download a slide deck about the Component Clean Up on this blog: