Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB) clean up in Oracle Database 11.2-12.2 is very simple and straight forward. There’s only one script to execute. And it completes flawless and does not require any workarounds.
Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB) Clean Up in Oracle Database 11.2-12.2
The Oracle Warehouse Builder actually does come automatically installed until Oracle Database 11.2. OWB is a data warehousing-centered data integration solution. It got replaced by ODI in later released.For more information on OWB click here. You may have to license certain parts of OWB.
According to Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle Warehouse Builder Statement of Direction (First Published January 2010, Updated May 2011):
No major enhancements are planned for Oracle Warehouse Builder beyond the OWB 11.2 release. OWB 11.2 continues to be available and supported by Oracle, and patches and bug fixes will continue to be offered at regular intervals. Oracle will continue to support OWB 11.2 for the full lifetime of Database 11g and the full lifetime of the next major database release (“Database 12”) in accordance with Oracle’s Lifetime Support Policies for Database releases. Future database releases beyond Database 12 would not be certified with OWB 11.2.
Before you start removing anything from your database please make sure you read my introductory blog post about how to Remove and Clean Up Components from Oracle 11.2 – 12.2 . You’ll find links to monitor proper component removal there as well as in the SQL Scripts Repository on this blog.
Oracle Database 22.214.171.124
The removal of OWB is very straight forward. The following MOS Note:1074425.1 – How to remove OWB Objects in 11.1 and higher gives useful advice.
$ sqlplus / as sysdba SQL> @?/owb/UnifiedRepos/clean_owbsys.sql
Oracle Database 126.96.36.199
In Oracle Database 188.8.131.52 OWB won’t be installed. When you upgrade to Oracle Database 184.108.40.206 we set OWB to
Oracle Database 220.127.116.11
In Oracle Database 18.104.22.168 OWB won’t be installed. Once you upgrade to Oracle Database 22.214.171.124 we set OWB to
Component Clean Up Series
- Remove and Clean Up Components from Oracle 11.2 – 12.2 – General Guidelines and Precautions
- APEX – Oracle Application Express Clean Up
- OWM – Oracle Workspace Manager Clean Up
- DV – Oracle Database Vault Clean Up
- OLS – Oracle Label Security Clean Up
- SDO – Oracle Spatial Data Option Clean Up
- CONTEXT – Oracle Text Clean Up
- ORDIM – Oracle Multi Media Clean Up
- XOQ – Oracle OLAP API Clean Up
- APS – Oracle OLAP Analytical Workspace Clean Up
- AMD – Oracle OLAP Catalog Clean Up
- OWB – Oracle Warehouse Builder Clean Up
- EXF/RUL – Oracle Expression Filters and Rules Manager Clean Up
- EM – Enterprise Manager Database Control Clean Up
- JAVAVM/XML – Oracle Java Virtual Machine and XDK Clean Up
- XDB – Oracle XML Database Clean Up
Finally download a slide deck about the Component Clean Up on this blog: