Last week I’ve had an interesting discussion with a customer about the certification of APEX and Oracle Database 188.8.131.52.
I did a bit of research and emailing – and thanks to the APEX team – this is the source of truth for APEX certifications.
Minimum Database version for APEX
- For APEX 4.0, the minimum database version is 10.2.0.3
- For APEX 5.0, the minimum database version is 184.108.40.206
- For APEX 5.1, the minimum database version is 220.127.116.11
Minimum APEX version per Database
- For Oracle Database 11.1.0.x, the minimum APEX version is 3.0.
- For Oracle Database 11.2.0.x, the minimum APEX version is 3.2.1
- For Oracle Database 18.104.22.168, the minimum APEX version is 4.2.5
- For usage with Oracle Multitenant, APEX 4.2.3 or newer must be installed
- For Oracle Database 22.214.171.124, the minimum APEX version is 5.0.4
(this information is currently missing in the MOS note and may be added later – read below for more information)
Checking APEX certifications on MyOracle Support’s Certification Tab
- Go to https://support.oracle.com
- Click Certifications
- Enter Oracle Application Express as Product
- Select APEX version from the Release list, for example 5.0.4
By clicking myself through all the possible combinations I could find out that APEX 5.0.3 is not certified with Oracle Database 126.96.36.199 as are all versions below. So the minimum version of APEX for Oracle Database 188.8.131.52 is APEX 5.0.4.
Unfortunately there’s no reverse certification search in MOS available (“Which APEX version(s) does a given databases release support?”).