Oracle Database 220.127.116.11 for MS Windows is available as of today for download.
Download it from:
The 64bit and 32bit clients are downloadable as well – click on the “See All” link and scroll down a bit on OTN.
For future dates and other platforms please see MOS Release Schedule 742060.1 .
We wanted to upgrade from 18.104.22.168 SE2 to 22.214.171.124 SE2.
Our platform is Windows Server 2008 R2. Unfortunatly it seems as if Windows Server 2008 is not supported anymore and Windows Server 2016 is not yet supported.
Are there any plans when Windows Server 2016 will be supported? Or are there plans to add Windows Server 2008 R2 to the supported plattform list. I failed to see any desupport notes for this plattform.
yes, there are plans for Win 2016 – but I know only “very soon” but nothing more concrete.
You may please open an SR and check with Oracle Support.
Hi Sven and Mike
On My Oracle Support the “Certification Information for Oracle Database on Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) (Doc ID 1307195.1)” is updated (maybe in June 2017) with this section:
Windows 2016 O/S Information:
• The following editions are supported:
◦ Windows Server 2016 Essentials (x64)
◦ Windows Server 2016 Standard (x64)
◦ Windows Server 2016 Datacenter (x64)
• No support for Server Core
• Oracle Database 126.96.36.199 and earlier will not be certified with Windows Server 2016
But the careful reader will notice that this is not stating that 188.8.131.52 is supported yet on Windows Server 2016.
It is only a promise that 184.108.40.206 and earlier will not be certified with Windows Server 2016.
Therefore the certifications tab on My Oracle Support must bring the answer. And this is (today)
“Oracle Database 220.127.116.11.0 is certified on Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) 2016”
Similar information can be found at a public Oracle website:
(if the “GUID” is not working search for “Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Support” at the toc.htm)
Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (12.2) is certified on Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (Standard, Datacenter, and Essentials Editions), which includes support for the database client, server, and Oracle Real Application Clusters. The following database features require patches for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 certification:
• Oracle ASM Cluster File System (ACFS)
◦ Oracle ACFS on Microsoft Windows Server 2016 must apply the second bundle patch or higher to Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (12.2).
• Oracle Server Management (SRVM)
◦ For some network errors, SRVM may fail on Microsoft Windows Server 2016. This issue is fixed by applying the second bundle patch or higher of Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (12.2).
• Oracle Cluster Health Monitor (CHM)
◦ CHM may fail intermittently on Microsoft Windows Server 2016 due to an unexpected termination of the Microsoft’s Windows Management Instrumentation service. The issue is being actively investigated with Microsoft and will be addressed in a future bundle patch.
The last 2 features are used in “Oracle Database QoS Management”.
So when not using these 3 features, guess the base release is stable enough to start on Windows Server 2016.
Otherwise “wait for bundle patch 2 (or higher)”. But the bundle patches are not numbered 1, 2, 3 … anymore.
I can find only 1 bundle patch (today) : Patch 25894005: WINDOWS DB BUNDLE PATCH 18.104.22.168.170516
So this is number 1?
And around 18 July 2017 there will be new Critical Patch Updates released.
So if there is a bundle patch for 22.214.171.124, this will be number 2?
– Since I have done some guessing maybe you can disapprove or confirm these guesses.
– Is there already more news about Oracle Database 12.2 and “Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Support” that can be shared?
I think with Bundle 2 the July BP is meant – but I’m just guessing as you do, especially as the release numbering will change with the July BP.
And no, I don’t have more on the certification on Win2016.
You may please have to open an SR to get final clarification.
Sorry that I can’t shed more light 🙁
The Database Release Notes are updated:
There are patches available for the 3 features mentioned in the previous post.
The July Bundle (126.96.36.199.170718) is required for “Oracle ASM Cluster File System (ACFS)”
Windows Server 2016 patch KB4019472 is required for “Oracle Server Management (SRVM)” and “Oracle Cluster Health Monitor (CHM)”
thanks a lot!!!
We were trying to create an empty database using DBCA in 12cr2 on windows 2016 machine. But after 8% completion of the creation of DB, we are getting ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel and in alert log we are getting below error:
Exception [type: ACCESS_VIOLATION, UNABLE_TO_READ] [ADDR:0x7FF6AFC4B060] [PC:0x7FF7745899C5, slsupdatecpustat()+373]
ERROR: Unable to normalize symbol name for the following short stack (at offset 109):
Errors in file I:\APP\ORACLE\diag\rdbms\kaoaqa\kaoaqa\trace\kaoaqa_dbrm_6672.trc (incident=124881):
ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [slsupdatecpustat()+373] [ACCESS_VIOLATION] [ADDR:0x7FF6AFC4B060] [PC:0x7FF7745899C5] [UNABLE_TO_READ] 
Incident details in: I:\APP\ORACLE\diag\rdbms\kaoaqa\kaoaqa\incident\incdir_124881\kaoaqa_dbrm_6672_i124881.trc
Can you please advise what is this error?
this sounds somehow familiar to me – I may have seen this via email as well last week.
Actually this is a DBCA issue – I’m not a DBCA expert.
Did you open an SR with Oracle Support on this?
And did you involve Oracle people already as well?