Please find previous posts about the Data Migration Assistant for Unicode (DMU) here:
- We included the DMU into our slide deck a while ago:
Upgrade, Migrate & Consolidate to Oracle Database 12c
Since Roy and I subscribed to the Hot Topics support email we’ll find a very helpful note none of us was aware of almost every second day.
One of these recent finds is:
For those who have never heard of the DMU before you’ll find a very brief overview about this tiny little – and very helpful – tool for database character set migrations not only to Unicode here:
Why is this note so helpful?
Simply because it combines the most important topics about DMU in one note – from starting to issues. And this is really helpful when you plan to use the tool.
It is structured into:
- A) Things to check before using the DMU
- B) FAQ and common issues
- C) Problems starting the DMU or during scan
- D) Typical errors such as “invalid binary conversion” and others
- E) Post conversion phase
- F) Steps to do afterwards
- plus some extras