Almost every day I get at least one email by somebody asking things such as …
- What is the current status of Oracle 126.96.36.199?
- Is Oracle 188.8.131.52 Standard Edition One under Extended Support’s treatment?
- Do I get bug fixes for Oracle 184.108.40.206?
- And is it really true that I don’t get bug fixes for Oracle 220.127.116.11 anymore???
All valid questions – and all of them get answered within this reference note called:
Why am I writing this?
Simply because the Lifetime Support Policy Brochure only has now a link to a central MOS note added – but no explanatory text such as “Full Extended Support coverage will only apply to the terminal release”. And the link is added in the right bottom corner underneath the table on (real) page 6 (the document’s pagination doesn’t count pages 1 and 2 as 1 and 2 for whatever reason).
MOS Note:742060.1 has now an updated chart displaying clearly the Support Periods:
And a nice overview table clearly showing the Patching End Dates as well:
MOS Note:742060.1 is clearly THE REFERENCE in terms of questions such as:
- How long will I get bug fixes for release X?
- When is Premier Support ending for release Y?
- Do I get Waived Extended Support for release Z?